Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Memories in WNY/Buffalo New York

My daughter said to me Daddy what is the Super Bowl? I was in shock that she didn’t know and that’s when it hit me she wasn’t born in the years Our Western New York Team the Buffalo Bills went to the super bowl 4 years in the row.  While this is a subject some of our Western New Yorkers will like to forget every year around this time I miss the good old days. I miss the AFC Champs Sweat Shirts, hats and waiting in the long pizza lines at the pizza shop. I must say those were the days.
Despite the heartbreak, the Super Bowl Bills left a legacy behind that any team would be proud of. We also had four players on that team that were selected to be in the Hall of Fame, quarterback  Jim Kelly, Defensive End-Bruce Smith, running back Thurman Thomas and Wide receiver James Lofton not to mention  our coach Marv Levy . While the Hall fame  don’t want to recognize our grate wide receiver Andre Reed I like to thank him for helping us get to 4 super bowls in the row.  Andre Hang in there your time is coming.
 Reed, the Buffalo Bills' all-time greatest receiver, got to the doorstep of the Pro Football Hall of Fame again this past Saturday but fell short of induction. Reed, one of 15 modern-era finalists for the Hall, made the final 10 in a reduction vote during the selection meeting. However, on the second cutdown from 10 to five finalists, Reed did not advance. . Read full story 
One of the great things about some of those players they choose to stay in WNY/Buffalo New York Area to live.  That says a lot about our town. People come and they stay in the city of good neighbors. I must say my daughter got an ear full on the meaning of the super bowl.  I must say that was an era to remember and I hope we can get back there soon. I have faith that we will.
 

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...